I shouldn’t have to write this but I thought it may be handy to someone. I had a terrible time trying to figure out how to update the software on our 2016 Citroen C4 Picasso so I thought I’d write a guide how to get them. Hoping somebody will find this through google and save themselves some time.
You get a few years of free map updates with this car and also software updates are available.
To get the updates do the following
- Go to My Citroen UK.
- Create a new account.
- Click on My Car.
- Add a vehicle using the VIN (vehicle identifier number).
- Once the vehicle is added hover over “Citroen Shop” at the top, then click on “Citroen Connect Nav”.
- You end up on this page.
- Download the instructions, map updates and software updates.
- Follow the instructions (these are complex as well, but the instructions are clear unlike finding the files themselves - see below).
The instructions are here.
The map file is called PSA_map-eur_7.0.0-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar
The software file is called PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version_21-06-47-34_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar. It is version Version V.21.06.47.34_NAC-r0.
For context, the reason I decided to make this page was the very confusing instructions on Citroen’s website. Hopefully somebody from Citroen will solve this usability problem. The steps I went through to try to find the maps was roughly:
- Go to Citroen’s UK website
- Find the FAQ about map updates
- It sends me to Citroen navigation.
- I make an account there.
- I log into my account there.
- I register my car there.
- I go to the “Find Product” page but it tries to charge me for the maps.
- I go back to the homepage and click on my car “Citroen C4 Picasso”.
- I click on connect nav which is what my car uses.
- It says “Please connect to your Citroen.com Personal Account or visit your distributor to get your navigation system map updates.”
- I have already been at Citroen.com and it sent me here, so I call my dealer.
- They cannot install map updates for me.
- I have to call customer support to try to figure it out but they say “just follow the instructions”.
- Eventually I use google to find “My Citroen”. Cannot remember how I found it.
- Eventually after much hunting I find the route to the files given at the top of this page.
Please Citroen, make this easier!